Paris Peace Accords 23 Oct. 1991

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Rest in peace, Kathleen O'keefe

It pains me terribly to hear this news and to have to share it. I just learned that Kathleen O'keefe, the co-founder of the Phnom Penh Post, died yesterday after a bout with cancer. Kathleen was only 54. She died too young. Without Kathleen the Post would never have gotten off the ground nor would it have survived all those difficult years in the nineties and beyond. My heart and sympathies go out to Jason because, at the very least, I know they found a substantial measure of happiness together, something both of them richly deserved.

I saw a notice in the Boston Globe and it included a space for sending condolences which I assume her family in Massachusetts would see. I know they would appreciate hearing from all of Kathleen's friends from all over the globe.
I don't know what else to say right now except that this is a very sad day. Even after our own difficulties, I feel overwhelmed with grief.

- Michael Hayes, 2 Dec. 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment