Paris Peace Accords 23 Oct. 1991

Monday, February 10, 2014

Mourning the passing of "SACRAVA" and "HENG SOY" -- a dedication of Ms. Theary C. Seng

Mourning the Passing of
Two Great Cambodian Nationalists
and Heroes
whose popular blogsites (Sacravatoons and KI Media)
were considered subversive enough to be banned
by the Hun Sen government.

Mr. UNG Bun Heang 
("Sacrava") 

My heart is bleeding right now for the family of Mr. Ung Bun Heang who passed away on Saturday, 8 Feb. 2014 in Sydney. My prayers and condolences for the family, especially for his widow, Nekbong Phiny Ung and his brother UNG Bun Ang, both of whom I met, with lauk Bun Ang in the mid-1990s in Phnom Penh.

(As an aside, I am glad to see commentaries of lauk Bun Ang in Truth2Power Media, an association and insight admirable.)


Khmer Post Meach Sovannara, Sacravatoons' Ung Bun Heang, Theary Seng, SRP president (Sydney) Chhayri Marm (Sydney, 11 Oct. 2012) 




Sacravatoon
Sacrava - Theary Seng's Crime Against Bureaucracy, 10 June 2011

and

Dr. Phalkun Tan 
("Heng Soy")

Even though almost one year ago, my heart is still bleeding for the death of the creator of KI Media, best known as "Heng Soy", whom I could not mourn properly due to the sensitive nature of KI Media and its future at his moment of his passing.

I had the great privilege of meeting Dr. Phalkun Tan 3 or 4 times over the years when visiting my relatives in California, and with whom I communicated on a regular basis on the language issue (1 | 2) and with my requests / submissions for publication on KI Media.

I will always appreciate his high consideration of my submissions to KI Media, which he never failed to post via "Heng Soy", "Socheata", "Khmer Democrat", "KI Media" of the names I recall, and possibly other posters.


A rare occasion for me to meet with a hero, Dr. Phalkun Tan, the creator of KI Media, beloved by his countless fans as "Heng Soy" (Long Beach reception for Sam Rainsy, March 2012)



 

"Funeral Announcement" which was quietly made by his SRP / CNRP friends and colleagues in the US in light of his KI Media and other Cambodia-related work considered highly sensitive.  Dr. Phalkun Tan passed away on 27 May 2013 in Southern California.




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Words can't express how saddened we are to hear of your loss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Thank you Theary for posting it and yes, lest we forget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:54 PM

    Sad that our Khmer nationalists died one by one. :( They were very good people, kind and loved our nation. They fought Yuon to save our nation by all means, but without God we cannot be freed. Our people adopted and worshiped Indian idol, and denied the living God.

    ReplyDelete