Paris Peace Accords 23 Oct. 1991

Monday, January 1, 2018

Any act of intimidation, any threat, any form of violence is fundamentally COWARDICE... little boys in men’s clothing pretending to exercise power"

Image may contain: 1 person, text

"I am a free human being grateful to be alive and disturbingly, restlessly challenged in this at once despicable, ethereal, ephemeral world of devastating cruelty and sublime beauty..."

"The prosecution of these individuals offers a strand of legal justice to me. Other forms of justice have taken place in my soul, one being the process of learning to forgive, an act independent of a prosecution..."

"I entered the human rights field as a natural progression of and response to who I am as a survivor of the Khmer Rouge genocide, a Christian bestowed with great opportunities and blessings, and a human being who desires more than just success but significance..."

"Any act of intimidation, any threat, any form of violence is fundamentally COWARDICE. And I refuse to give credence or energy to cowards, little boys in men’s clothing pretending to exercise power. I believe in the strength and justice of moral power over physical, brute power. As Martin Luther King, Jr. articulated, the long arc of history bends toward justice and I want to take part in the bending; fear paralyzes and inhibits. So it is best to focus on the bending “toward justice” and not focus on the cowardice of others..." (Excerpts).




No comments:

Post a Comment