Paris Peace Accords 23 Oct. 1991

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Vietnamization of Cambodia Under Hun Sen: January 7 by Ms. Theary C. Seng (part 3)

January 7  \ 7 Makara

Cambodia with population of 5 M in 1979 (minus the half a million who risked landmines, KR, the treacherous sea to escape occupation), now almost 15 M only 30 years later -- the skin-and-bone genocide survivors becoming quite fruitful must be due to the rich nutrients of famine and provisions given by the humanitarian (sic!) invading Vietnamese forces under the guise of liberation, who conveniently decided to occupy Cambodia eternally, till the Cold War politics forced them  out (unfortunately, only of uniforms, but not presence, and not before blood-soaked K-5 Plan) more than a decade later. 

"Hanoi created an elaborate blueprint for moving 10 million people from the more densely populated north to the south by year 2000. The mentality of the Red River Vietnamese had not changed. They wanted to push farther south and west--which they did, finally, not through New Economic Zones but by invading and occupying Cambodia two years later."

- Chapter 9 "Habits of War", p. 355, WHEN THE WAR WAS OVER by Elizabeth Becker.  

I passionately DETEST the policy of Vietnam vis-a-vis Cambodia in its aggression throughout history to the present day. I love the Vietnamese people: I love my aunt Lan, who's Vietnamese; I love my beautiful cousins Jeanette and Rose who are of Vietnamese blood; I love my Vietnamese friends. As a follower of Jesus, I am under command to love. I am proud to know that my mom and dad gave shelter to their Vietnamese neighbors in Svay Rieng in the early 1970s during Lon Nol's shameful pogroms against Vietnamese living in Cambodia (killing/hatred was/is never justifiable, even if many were/are illegally living in Cambodia, then or now). 

I passionately DETEST the idiotic policy of this Kew-Kew! Kew-Kew! that enslaves its own people, oppresses its own people; that does the bidding of ill-intentioned powers against its own people, albeit China or Vietnam, or another; that plunders and rapes Cambodia of its natural resources and in the process impoverishes Cambodians, that strips Cambodians of dignity and identity. 

This is why I refuse to use the service of Metfone, whose parent-company is the Vietnamese military VIETTEL, even if the internet connection is a lot cheaper, has broader (possibly universal Cambodia) coverage and has more services than most other ISPs, e.g. the USB internet stick for use at remote places otherwise without internet connection. Nor, will I ever fly the "Cambodia national airlines" (sic!) that is really owned by Vietnam, even if this is the only airlines in the world; I would rather walk.  

- Theary C. Seng, Phnom Penh, 8 Jan. 2013


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:58 AM

    I would encourage other people do the same boycotting those company.

    ReplyDelete