Paris Peace Accords 23 Oct. 1991

Saturday, December 27, 2014

LESSON IN APPELLATION by Neang Delilah

Seen and heard on Ms. Theary C. Seng's Facebook accounts: 
www.facebook.com/theary.c.seng

Delilah
Delilah showing off her "bite of treachery"

Samson and Delilah (in English, with audio reading)


LESSON IN APPELLATION

by Neang Delilah

Let me get a few things off my chest, a lesson in appellation, if you will: I am NOT named for a strip club as I've overheard otherwise intelligent men say within my hearing.

The moniker comes from the ancient world, embedded in Hebrew history, of an era not unlike our own, not unlike the happenings in today's Kingdoom of Wonder, where lawlessness reigns supreme, of brutal gang rapes, of treachery in relations, of betrayals, of rampant violence and prostitution, when the wayward Israelites were ruled by judges, before they pestered Yahweh for a king, so they could "be like everyone else", their pagan neighbors.

(Oh, btw, Yahweh is the Hebrew for God Almighty. The name is significant, so significant that my mistress Ms. Theary gets all worked up when it's not accurately translated into Khmer. Here's what I mean: https://www.box.com/s/nyl6qe204v8aroqdvej3)

So PUH'leese, no more modern strip club allusions.

I am Delilah of "Samson and Delilah", of ancient days, to beguile all -- both those who do and who do not come in peace. However, with a bite of treachery reserved for the latter!

Here's the story of Samson and Delilah (chapter 16) in KHMER, edited and punctuated by my mistress Ms. Theary: https://www.box.com/s/cush2uwzws4affxwdiwk



No comments:

Post a Comment